Hampstead Garden Opera Trust Ltd. (HGO) is committed to protecting personal information.
In this policy statement, the Company means Hampstead Garden Opera Trust Ltd; a Friend is a subscribing member of the Friends of Hampstead Garden Opera. Supporters are individuals who are involved in supporting the activities of the Company in any way.
• A member of the Company.
• A Friend of the Company
• A supporter of the Company
• A subscriber or purchaser of tickets for our productions, concerts or other events
• An audiend (i.e. an applicant for audition) or performer for our productions, concerts or other events.
• A creative team member, e.g. director, lighting designer.
• A critic
This policy was approved by the company on 21 May 2018.
3. DATA CONTROLLER
The Company officer responsible for data control may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and, where appropriate, ticket purchases, subscriptions and dates paid, and standing order details. Unless required by law to do so, we shall not share your data with any third parties.
For audiends and performers, we will normally request your photograph and ask you for your biography (CV).
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
5.1 Members, Friends, Supporters, Subscribers and Ticket Purchasers
We may use your information to send you letters or emails to give you, as appropriate, details of shows, concerts or other events that are likely to be of interest to you, or (for members and Friends) newsletters, details of general meetings, rehearsals or other relevant events.
5.2 Friends and Supporters
In addition to the promotional purposes stated above, we hold details of donations made, and standing orders, which we process for Gift Aid tax recovery.
5.3 Audiends and Performers
We hold your contact information, CV and (if appropriate) photograph so that, even if not selected, we can inform you of forthcoming audition opportunities. For those selected, we retain the right to use photograph and biographies (edited down where necessary) for the purposes of performance programmes, and to use your contact details on reference databases for the purpose of efficient organization of rehearsals and performances, and for consideration for engagement in future events.
5.4 Creative Team
We hold your information, similarly to performers, for the purposes of organising and promoting the opera on which you are working, and for consideration for future operas.
Your contact details are held to allow us to invite you to come to our performances and write about them.
6. LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH INFORMATION IS HELD
All of the above information is held on the grounds of Legitimate Interests. Further to this, the information on donations and tax recovery is held as a requirement of HMRC.
We put in place reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to, corruption of, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Unless we have specific permission to retain them, photographs will be deleted once their purposes for a particular opera or other event have been achieved. We may keep the rest of your information indefinitely. Even if you no longer appear to have any active relationship with the Company, you might wish to reengage at some future time.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
• To withdraw. You have a right to require us to delete your information from our records.
• To amend. If you advise us of any change to your details, we shall amend our records accordingly. (Please help us to keep accurate files by informing us of such changes).
• To know. You are entitled to know what information about you is held by the Company. You can make a Subject Access Request, to which we are required to respond.
• To complain. If you think that we have in any way misused your data.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US